11/12/2012

Bilbo Baggins of Bag End

Hobbit Week! :)

Well, no big deal, I'm just taking the chance to show you a tiny vignette that I built some time ago.
 
My dear Frodo, you asked me once if I had told you everything there was to know about my adventures...
 
The Bilbo figure is from the LOTR range by Citadel Miniatures. It was originally released as limited edition, but nowadays you can find it at Games Workshop online store. The rest of it is completely scratch built.
 
No admittance except on party bussiness
 
The structure is made of two wooden pieces stuck in a square angle. The little mounds you can see at the edges are made of modelling paste to give consistency to the model. There is other wooden piece on the floor, which contributes also to the consistency as well as to the little unevenness that allowed me to fit the stairs in.
The wall, door and windows were made using just cardboard and plastic from sprues, and the tiles on the floor are little pieces cut out of thin card.
 
I have no explanation for this strange circle around my hobbit feet...
 
 The plants and flowers are little pieces of an old kitchen scourer and a brush. I painted them in green and gave them a little colour on the tips. Little thing else, the rest is made up of pieces frome here and there, but all of them are quite easy to find.


It's quite simple on its conception and execution, I didn't want anything complex. Of course I wouldn't be able to achieve anything like this wonderful amazing awesome crazyness, nor was ever my intention. I was just aiming to build a simple scene for the Bilbo mini to put it on my shelf:

It could make quite a bookend, I'm realising just now.

  I got my tickets for the Hobbit movie next friday, so maybe it could be the beginning of a new Hobbit modelling fever...

3 comments:

  1. Me encanta donde has colocado a Bilbo (el diorama tambien), además veo que también tienes El Silmarillion asi que sé que eres un fan profundo.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Muchas gracias! He ido comprando todo lo que ha ido publicando Christopher Tolkien con material de su padre. ¡Tego mucha información inútil en mi cabeza! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaja, bueno ya somos dos.

    ReplyDelete