26/02/2015

Home of the Arbites

You may remember my Adeptus Arbites Force. They will of course have lead roles for my Besenval Port project, I can think of a couple or scenarios in which they would fit in ;)

But of course I thought that they cannot simply appear out of nowhere, can they? Life on the neighbourhood can be rough, you never know when a riot is about to break out, when the harbour unions are marching on strike, when the mutants decide to rise or even if you are going to have a Besenval Tea Party. Wow, you really need to have some Arbites permanently stationed over here! :D

The solution came from Sarissa Precision once again (yes, I made quite a purchase, and this is not even the last building I go from them!). Their sci-fi helipad was just what I needed.
 
Should have taken pics of the process, but I totally forgot! My bad.

 A beautiful, lovely kit, as everything they do. I tried to be coherent with what I already have, hence the black colour with the yellow stripe. I also added the Arbites shield on the wall:
 
I used a decal for the fist. It totally flaked off and had to paint it, just what I was trying to avoid!

The final touch was a proper sign above the entry door. I went for the easy ride, no complications:
 
Just a spare MDF piece coming out from all the kits I'm building

I glued it to the handrail and made the simplest text I could make out. It had to be in proper Gothic, obviously. Vicus is Latin for district and statio for... well, station!

I must confess I took some risks with this set. I wasn't sure at all of the size of the building and specifically of the helipad itself. But the Emperor is merciful and granted me a building with the exact measures for my Arvus Lighter to land on top of it:
 
For the skin of the teeth, but well, it fits in!

Glad I didn't use a Valkyrie or an Aquila Lander!
 
So now we have the last stronghold of law within the perilous district of Besenval. Still working on the people and buildings, all the stuff that makes it perilous! Stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. Thats so tasty mate, keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Not really fancy of the weathering, may have to retouch that...

      Delete
  2. Top Stuff mate! Looks great! I've been thinking about breaking some arbites out for a while and this has inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you really should, they provide certain quite unique ideas for scenarios and stuff. Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. I definitely think I will mate! They're just so cool!

      Delete
  3. You are certainly a master of small details. Both the 'graffiti' (for want of a better word) and sign made the terrain look way better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Attention to details is what gives a piece its life, if you know what I mean, I'm always trying tomake these kits different!

      Delete
  4. This is like wathcing the next "Bladerunner" city coming to life!
    Its very nice to see all details, youre a Pro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you, what a compliment! I'm just trying to build up an interesting setting for some games, Still lot of work to do, let's see how this turns up!

      Delete
  5. I don't know how I missed all your previous Arbite activity, but I did- absolutely fantastic work on the lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I think they are an interesting choice for urban settings, you can do a lot of crazy hings with them!

      Delete
  6. Excellent work! The Arvus looks nice in that colour scheme too :)

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These pieces are pretty enjoyable, I believe that keeping them simple is the best way to make kinda an effective work on them.

      Delete