19/02/2015

Port warehouse

I have a port, I have crates, now I have a canal barge too... Until I get a crane, I think that what I'm missing here is a proper warehouse ;)
Sarissa Precision make this wonderful one:
 
There was some assembling needed previous to this pic

Why white? I don't want everything to be totally rusty like the bridges or walkaways you've seen before. I thought it could be cool to make this piece look old and rusty, but still keeping its original colours. Some decayed style but still looking appealing, if that was ever possible.

Unfortunately I totally forgot taking pictures during the process! (D'oh!)
 
Thanks to my time machine, the aging of years was achieved in just a few hours :D
 
I thought of painting the inside and making it playable. But I wasn't quite sure of what to do, and I still have lots of buildings and stuff to do, so I have left it this way for the moment, waiting for inspiration to come. I'm using the inside just as a box for storage purposes (dealing with all those ladders and handrails is a real pain when you try to storage these buildings!)
 
OK; I know, I said it before... I need a new board!
 
Another piece of scenery done, let's see what comes next...

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! This one was not difficult at all and the results pay off, I believe :)

      Delete
  2. That looks like a nice solid piece to take up some real estate on your table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was nice to paint and I believe it makes the deal for the ambientation!

      Delete
  3. That is going to be one heck of a table. It's already a really good table. What hemisphere are you in? I want to play on your table. :D

    . . . Dang, you're in the other one. Well, if I should find myself in Spain with miniatures I might request a tour. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you! :D Consider it done, we are just a flight away!

      Delete
  4. Great painting on that Suber. Im in the market for a couple of warehouse models, I might get that model, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything by Sarissa is great, but there are a number of fine options out there. Looking forward to see what you get.

      Delete