10/08/2015

Colonial Marines APC proxy

Another change in the stuff I post over here ;) It's a commission work for a friend who wanted the Dreamforge APC (the Keilerkopf) but in the Aliens' Colonial Marines mood.

Let me say, the kit is awesome. It's totally another different level of modelling kit. First thing you notice when you open the box is that... it comes with screws and a screwdriver!
 
And you can only say 'oh, man, I'm so screwed...'
 
At first it looks a little bit intimidating, but in fact there is no big deal. Once you follow the instructions, your pulse begins to regulate again.
 
Believe me, you totally want to paint before sticking stuff together
 
Eisenkern Strormtroopers' armour has nothing to do with Colonial Marines, but I tried to paint them in a similar pattern, imagination will do the rest.
 
You know how the bus gets on the rush hour...

Man, did you just fart? Not cool, bro

 
The inside is absolutely cool and detailed. Enough to say it comes with an emergency fire extinguisher. Delightful.
 
The red thingie on the upper piece

The APC is huge, seriously. You gotta see that motor

Begins to look like something

 
Then it finally came to the screwing part... Wheels are supposed to spin! No joking, this is the most complete wargame kit I've ever constructed.
 
Wheels are, of course, made of rubber
 
That part is a little bit tricky, as you have to make the screw fit in without actually damaging the plastic pieces. I managed more or less with most of them, but unfortunately there are a couple of them that are permanently fixed (ooops).

Colour was quite easy going. Green, dark brown washes, green again and highlights. I later added some USCM insignia and so:
 
Now you're getting an idea of the real deal of this thing
 
After some weathering, I finally got this:
 
I hope it's not too overdone

Dirty, but not tearing apart

You can open every single door and hatch of the model. Amazing

As difficult to assemble as rewarding to see it finished
 
I've also taken a few outdoor pics:
 
Starbuck, what the frak are you doing there?

BTW, forgot to tell, the turret is entirely mobile

Aaand the convertible option, ideal for summer time

 
The kit is beautiful, a lovely experience for any modeller. If you ever get the chance to put your hands on one of them, don't hesitate, you'll totally love it!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The great thing about this one is that we finally get to see a 'real' APC. No more 'Where does the motor fit in this Rhino?' No more 'Ten Space Marines really made it into here?'
      This is a perfectly functional kit, and it's lovely :)

      Delete
  2. That is an amazing build!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The model is beautiful and fully detailed, a complete experience!!

      Delete
  3. Really awesome job Suber! Looks like a lot of hard work. I wished you had actually put an Alien inside the compartment tearing out the guts of those feeble soldiers. Oh my ... what violent thoughts I have. I need help. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a nice touch :D You actually gave me some ideas for dioraas, hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Muy buen trabajo Suber, te lo has currado mucho.

    Un saludo .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchas gracias! Me alegra que te guste, me he alejado del toque warhammer y me he ido a algo más apagado y oscuro :)

      Delete