30/11/2015

Walking on the DUST

Hi there! Just finished the Walkers during the weekend, so I got everything DUST painted so far!

First thing, I primed them and applied the basecoat:
You can guess which side each one fights for

 
These are quite easy models to paint, big surfaces and not that big amount of annoying details, I believe they keep a 1940's aesthetics of 'utility is more important than design' which is great.
After that, I highlighted them and painted both SSR and Hydra emblems and stuff...

They both are beauty in their uglyness


After metals and basing, this is how they looked like:
With only a few arrangements, I believe this would make a great Slaanesh walker
A legged Sdkfz. Makes me want more

So with these I have both forces complete (for the moment!). Both Strategic Scientific Reserve:


And Hydra:


I still need to include some cool characters, but for the moment this is more than enough to play a few skirmishes! I haven't played DUST Tactics for ages, so I'm all rusty about the rules. I clearly need to solve that...

6 comments:

  1. Nice work they turned out great! Get gaming then and get yourself some oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yup, I need some action soon!! :D

      Delete
  2. They look pretty cool, but do they only have rockets as their armament?

    It's all too easy to get carried away with collecting walking mechanical machines isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all he weaponry they carry as they appear in the core box. Honestly, no idea of possible upgrades, but now that you say, I'm beginning to think of weapon replacements. Maybe the arms can be magnetized in some way...

      Delete
  3. Very smooth greens on the armour Suber. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've repeatedly been told to get an airbrush, but I don't have space enough for that, so I'm afraid I'll still go on with my traditional brushes, hehe...

      Delete