30/04/2016

Punkapocalyptic: Gangers

New project ahead! Oh, come on, you really didn't expect me to keep on track and focused on anything, did you?
Some time ago I backed the Punkapocalyptic KS. Not only the guys behind are the friends of a friend, but the minis looked seriously appealing to me. You may want to have a look at their web, for they have some pretty cool stuff (including the rules for download).

I got two bands, Gangers and Junkers. Gangers fall into the classic 'Mad Max' post-apoc vibe. I took a darker approach than the 'official' paintjob. Still not sure it that was wise on my part, as they now don't stand out as much as I woud have liked. Anyway, here you have them:

You thought the name Punkapocalyptic was for nothing?
Badass is the troop type. Nothing else to add, your Honor
The boss. The back banner should give a hint
I made a slight conversion on the mini above. It came with a shotgun on her right hand, but the mini came damaged over the post, so I replaced the whole hand with this other one with the crossbow, which was an alternate weapon for the Badass above. I tried to make something scary for the banner, but failed. The original idea was a demon skull (yup, those should be little horns), with flaming jaws and the radioactive warning sign instead of eyes. All I got was a freehand that looks like a guy on LSD, what can I say. I tried.

OK, let's go on. This one is the brute of the group.

Fun fact. The front armour is a sewer top from the town of Gijon (where the game developers are from!)
Utterly unsatisfied with that one, too dark. I may repaint the armour in a brighter colour.

More. I wanted to avoid the obvious Green Arrow reference, so I tried this:

Green Arrow? Nay, I'm post-apoc Legolas!
Now, I get the Kratos reference too, but I'm not into video games and have never played the God of War franchise, so I fancied to do something different...

Is that a Wh40K Tyranid?
Well, after these horrible, dark individual pics, just a horrible, dark group shot:

The band!
All the bases are pretty plain, maybe too much. As they depict some wasteland, I haven't added any grass or anything, but just this scorched aspect. Maybe I could add some yellow spent flock, hmm.

Anyway, this is it, I still have the Junkers. More incoming soon!

10 comments:

  1. These are great man! Sure, they're a bit on the dark side, but easily fixed I'm sure. That boss looks great with the crossbow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure if they would work as a band for Necromunda, but I guess there is only one way to know! ;)

      Delete
  2. Very cool. They look fabulous dude. I keep meaning to get some of these to add to my own pa collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sculpt is absolutely marvellous. When it came to painting, I confess I had a look at your blog for inspiration, I bet these ranges would work nice alongside yours :)

      Delete
  3. ther is always another interesting project to distract you from your current work doesn't it? XDD
    This looks pretty damn cool by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, always! I'm a victim of the 'ooooh, shiny' syndrome :D

      Delete
  4. Great work, they just need a vehicle now..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a look at Surus Creations, I have some stuff on my radar ;)
      www.suruscreations.com

      EDIT: Damn, for some reason the web doesn't work now. Try this Google image search:
      https://www.google.es/search?q=surus+creations&biw=1760&bih=862&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjy4I2W2L7MAhXCvRoKHd6TCK8Q_AUIBigB&dpr=1.09#imgrc=k_8d9ePMsVjdnM%3A

      Delete
  5. What a great league for PA! Thanks for sharing it all, Suber.

    Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my first incursion ever in PA ambientation, I'm pretty excited about it!

      Delete