11/05/2017

Ballads of War 1x30 & 1x31

It's clobberin' time!


This is the kind of small skirmish I wanted to begin with, just a few characters (but pretty defined ones) getting some action. I guess this is in again this season with the Shadow Warstm game. Fashion is truly a circle :D

Feel free to use them for your own warband in Shadow Wars, I'm not GW, I won't C&D you :D

Not much to say here, as the pages are quite self-explanatory. Anyway, keep in mind that, at the time of the drawing, Harlequins were more or less out of the scene in WH40K, so their skills and gear were quite exotic for any newcomer (oh, the Harlequin's Kiss, how badly had I wanted to draw it in action!). We can also notice that Brent is worth of every penny the employer paid for him. The scene of him disemboweling an Ork is not gratuitous, it's not just a 'oh, some badassery', trust me. But we'll get to that in the future, for now we get to know that his character stats are unusually high in WS! ;)

About the last panel... what's up now? A new surprise? Oooh, neew cliffhanger!

Until we see what happens, you can check all the previous pages!

10 comments:

  1. Great. As always in good shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, just how I imagined a harlaquin's kiss :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this moment was one of the main reasons I wanted a Harlequin as a character in the group :D

      Delete
  3. Very exciting action sequence! As usual, the painting and characterization are excellent, but this time I particularly enjoyed the sound-effect words: "FKOW", "ZIP" and (of course) "SCLATCH".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned from the best. I mean the Batman TV show! :D

      Delete
  4. Great action scene!
    The flow and poses are just right.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope the cover of the comic is more understandable by now ;)

      Delete
  5. Excellent work mate just had a good catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I hope you're enjoying all this nonsense! :D

    ReplyDelete