29/05/2017

Rug Merchant (without rugs!)

I've been trying to catch up again with my urban board. My progress is desperately slow, as usual in recent times, but the important thing is that I'm not idle.
I'm thinking of adding some merchants and stuff of the like. I mean, that's the real thing in real towns, people trading and exchanging items, and it will be a (hopefully) nice touch of actual lifestyle to my board. However, it has to be somehow coherent with what I already have, so that means it has to be all fuzzy, weird, anachronistic, exotic, chubby, dirty... Ahem. So I'll just have to do whatever comes to mind first :D

I'll be starting with a rug merchant. I got this Illusionist by Otherworld, who looks exotic enough for my purposes:

Whenever I start a Frostgrave band I can also use him!
Magic user, rug merchant... Hmmm, he may be selling flying rugs!

Why am I stuck with the rug idea? Well, it's all part of something I found back in the day, a sheet with rugs to print (sorry! I cannot remember the source now. Please, if it's you, just let me now to give you proper credit!!):

In all their Persian glory
I originally got them thinking of my Afghanistan project, but never got to actually print them. I remembered I got these and then found the Otherworld mini, so it all begun to take shape in my mind...
Printed at home on an A4 sheet

I already got the ubiquitous stalls by Micro Arts (lovely pieces), so this all will come to something more... defined anytime in the future. Soon-ish!

20 comments:

  1. oh, fantastic work mate! lovly exotic details
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a nice mini, it was love at first sight, hehe.

      Delete
  2. wooo!
    que interesante!
    con ganas de ver como lo terminas! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Jaja, ni yo mismo lo sé todavía! Esto es lo bueno, liarse y ver qué sale :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it could make a nice piece in the collection :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I still have to design the whole stall and the stuff in it, no clue of what it will come of all this...

      Delete
  5. Lovely stuff; really like your work on this mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it finally makes its way into the rest of my civilians :)

      Delete
  6. A great looking character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I liked the colourful garments, it's a thing that suits the mini, I guess (maybe I've been painting colourful lizards for too long, hahaha)

      Delete
  7. I really like the colour combination & patterns you've applied to this guy Suber. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Not every mini (even in RT) has to look dirty and gritty, with augmetics and stuff. I hope this will make a nice addition to the city :)

      Delete
  8. He's a great addition. I really need to paint up some more in a similar vein myself. I love the exotic fabrics you've added to this guy - very nicely done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm planning to use the same stalls you already have -not sure of what will come of it!

      Delete
  9. Superb job mate, what a brilliant mini! Can't wait to see the finished stall :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't started it yet, glups!

      Delete
  10. I will gladly take a rug today and pay you Tuesday (for some reason the character Whimpy from Popeye kept popping in my head when I was looking at your work in this post ... weird huh?). Great work Suber, with sales clothes like that who can resist buying a rug ehh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. :D :D Take two and pay three! Limited offer!

    ReplyDelete